Would you like to make a difference to the educational sector in Ukraine? And do you believe in the benefits of play for children´s learning? In this role, you will facilitate projects, create content and train people to help children across Ukraine become creative, engaged, lifelong learners.
Are you ready to contribute to make a vision come to life?
The LEGO Foundation shares a mission with the LEGO Group: to inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow. We are a Danish corporate foundation with a core team of dedicated employees with one shared passion: to make children’s lives better – and communities stronger – by making sure the fundamental value of play is understood, embraced and acted upon. We are dedicated to empowering children through play to become creative, engaged, lifelong learners.
All employees of the LEGO Foundation work to build a future where learning through play empowers children. As an initiative manager in Ukraine, you become responsible for coordinating, supporting and implementing all our local activities, including the training of local professionals. To do so, you collaborate with a range of authorities, partners and colleagues to make our mission come through.
Enable learning through play
Focusing on our Communities of Learning through Play programme, you act as a local project manager, contributing to our content and training programmes. You help to place the LEGO Foundation as the thought leader on Learning through Play as well as the preferred advocacy partner. To develop best practises for cross-sector dialogue and partnerships and create commitment and engagement from all relevant local stakeholders into our Learning through Play agenda, you:
- Coordinate and conduct training in play-based activities for educational institutions involved in the project as well as for partner organisations and LEGO® staff
- Advocate for the inclusion of Learning through Play in all learning environments to illustrate the effect on children´s development towards becoming creative, engaged, lifelong learners
- Contribute to departmental and organisational meetings and seminars in Ukraine
- Drive and develop our Master Trainers programme with a focus on content and training professionals from the early childhood and primary school sector
- Ensure methodologies and tools are developed and available for our work in Ukraine
Experience with public authorities and early childhood development
For this job, we need a proactive, structured and independent colleague who is a passionate believer in play and its benefit for children´s development and learning. You are great at communicating and ready to contribute to a long-term partnership with the Ministry of Education, focusing on the implementation of the education reform: “The New Ukrainian School”. Your qualifications:
- You hold a degree in education, pedagogy or similar, giving you knowledge of early childhood development and/or the education sector in Ukraine including key players and policies
- You have at least 5 years of experience working with the development of content and training within early childhood development or formal education (primary school)
- You have collaborated with public authorities, preferably governmental, in Ukraine as well as other partners and stakeholders
- You speak and write fluent Ukrainian and English
Embark with us on our journey
If you would like to join our team in Billund to embark with us on our journey, then please send us your complete application, including your CV and a short motivation letter.
· This position was posted April 24th
· We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and fill the position once we have found the right candidate.
· We start with the interviews May 2018